Our Website may contain links or direct you to other websites, software, service providers or Internet resources (the “Other Providers”) which are provided solely for your convenience, benefit and information. When you click on one of those links, you are contacting another website, software, service provider or Internet resource. We are not responsible or liable for, nor have control over those Other Providers or how they process your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those Other Providers to learn how they process your personal information.
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, please do not access or continue to use any of the Website, Software or Services or otherwise provide any personal information to us.
- Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means any identifiable information about an individual, except any other information otherwise exempted by the applicable laws of Canada and other jurisdictions. For example, in Canada, personal information does not include any business contact information that is processed solely to communicate with that person about his or her employment or profession.
When you use our Website or Service, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address;
- Account information such as user name, password, and account number,
Your personal information may be collected when:
- you make a purchase from us;
- you connect with us through social media;
- you submit comments, testimonials or inquiries through the Website;
- you subscribe to our newsletter;
- we collect cookies and other tracking information through your use of Website;
- we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources;
We only collect personal information that we need. We encourage you to not provide us with any personal information beyond what is necessary and as requested by us.
Collection from Third Parties
We do not knowingly collect your personal information from a third party unless you consent or we are otherwise exempted, required or permitted by applicable laws to do so.
If we collect your personal information from a third party, we will only process that information for the specific purpose for which it was provided to us in accordance with this Policy and the policy under which that information was collected.
Cookies and Log Files
To ensure our Website or Service is optimized for your use and for future communications between you and us, we may save your user data in the form of cookies or log files and use such cookies or log files to collect standard Internet log information about how and when you use our Website or Service. This information may include, but not be limited to, your IP address and location data, weblogs, time zone, date, your language preferences, browsers used, web addressees visited, other communication data, searches conducted, pages visited. You can manage your cookie preferences, but please note that if you refuse to allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website or Service.
Information about Minors
This site is intended solely for users who are not minors (13 years of age or older). We do not knowingly collect personal information about any minor. No such minor, nor any parent or guardian as it relates to such minor, should submit such minor’s personal information to us through the Website or otherwise for any reason and under any circumstances.
- Purpose for Which Personal Information is Processed
We may process your personal information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- To verify and authenticate your identity;
- To maintain your account with us;
- To connect with us through social media;
- To process payments of your purchases and to facilitate your purchases through our Website;
- To ensure that the Website or Service is optimized for your use and benefit;
- To operate, maintain and provide to you the Service, features and functionality of the Website;
- To communicate with you to provide you services, contacts, materials and/or recommendations for your needs as identified by you through phone, email, or the Website;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To comply with internal policies and procedures and other legal, accounting, or security requirements;
- To share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other third party service providers such as web hosting providers, advertising agencies, payment processors or customer service agencies (“Third Party Processors”) who require this information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you and optimizing and providing the Website or Service for your use and benefit;
We will only process your personal information for the Purpose(s) for which we intend to process such information. Otherwise, we will not process your personal information without your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information for the Purposes as described in this Policy in the following ways:
- To our employees and contractors;
- To our business partners;
- To our service providers including web hosting providers, advertising agencies, payment processors and customer service agencies; and
- To law enforcement, government or regulatory bodies, or other lawful authorities.
We will process your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where exempted, required or permitted by applicable laws. The form of consent may vary depending on the circumstances and the type of information being requested. Your consent may be express with clear options to say “yes” or “no”, such as by being asked to check a box to indicate your consent, or implied, such as when you provide us with your address through a form or email seeking information and we use those means to respond to your request. Your consent can also be provided by your authorized representative. Taking into account the sensitivity of your personal information, purposes of collection, and your reasonable expectations, we will obtain the form of consent that is appropriate to the personal information being processed. By using our Website or Service, or otherwise by choosing to provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and as may be further identified when the personal information is collected. When we process your personal information for a new purpose, we will document that new purpose and ask for your consent again.
If you do not consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, please do not access or continue to use any of the Website or Services or otherwise provide any personal information to us.
You may refuse to provide consent or may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to the processing of your personal information witout penalty, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice by (i) changing your privacy preferences through the Website, (ii) deleting your account with the Website and stopping use of the Website, or (iii) opting out of the use of your personal information such as unsubscribing to any newsletter or mailing list subscription that we provide through the Website. However, if you withdraw or change your consent, we may not be able to provide you with the Service through the Website.
- Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow and employ generally accepted industry standards as appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information that you submit both during transmission and once we receive it. We take physical, administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect personal information, and insist that our service providers do the same. We insist that our personnel and those of our providers to only access and use personal information on a “need to know” basis to properly perform those duties, and even then only to the strict extent necessary to perform them.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure; as such, despite our safeguards and protocols, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your personal information and you should always exercise caution when disclosing personal information over the Internet.
- Requests for Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Applicable privacy laws allow, to varying degrees, individuals the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist you with such an access request.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization it was disclosed to.
In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information it holds about an individual. If access cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
- CASL Policy
We are committed to compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). Any electronic communication we send to outside parties is protected by a range of business procedures, processes and policies to ensure that such communication is done in compliance with CASL. In our electronic communications with outside parties, we comply with the rules established by CASL and enforced by various Canadian authorities including the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. CASL regulates, and our policies generally apply to, each commercial electronic message we send (a “CEM”) we send. A CEM is an electronic message sent to an electronic address that, among its purposes, encourages participation in a commercial activity.
To comply with CASL:
- We do not send you CEMs without your consent, either express, implied or specifically exempt from consent requirements. We modified or adopted our sign-up, registration and consent forms in order to ensure that your consent is meaningful (i.e. informed and freely given) as per CASL. When we collect your electronic contact information, you will know the exact purposes behind the collection.
- We adopted processes to ensure that our CEMs contain the following requirements prescribed under CASL, which will usually be in the footer of the CEM. We will:
- Identify ourselves as the party sending the CEM, and whether we are sending the message on our own behalf or on behalf of someone else;
- Provide you with our contact information; and
- Set out a clear, working unsubscribe mechanism or preference centre that is easy to use, automatic, and at no cost to you (other than your own cost of connecting to the Internet).
- We ensured that each aspect of a CEM, including its header, content, or any links or URLs in the CEM) conveys the appropriate information, whether viewed individually or taken as a whole, so that you always know what you are clicking on.
If you receive a CEM from us but believe that you should not have or no longer wish to receive CEMs, we will aim to respect your preferences in a timely manner once you update them through our unsubscribe mechanism. CASL requires us to process unsubscribe requests within 10 business days. If you have any questions or concerns about our unsubscribe options, you may contact us at the address indicated below.
- Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your information only for as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and compliance with legal requirements. We will destroy or erase your information once we no longer need your information, or once the required retention period passes. If we do not destroy or erase your information, we will remove any personally identifiable information so that it becomes anonymous.
You will find the date of the latest update at the end of this Policy. Your continued use of the Service signifies your acceptance of any changes to this Policy.
- Contact Information for Privacy Officer
You can direct any questions or concerns regarding our compliance with this Policy and our processing of your personal information to our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy laws continue to evolve and, as a result, we may change this Policy from time to time at our full discretion without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. The processing of your personal information by us will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time.